Willimantic Writers Group
Meets last Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00 pm. Now meeting online - email email@example.com to register and receive the link for the program.
Original works are shared, read, and if desired, constructive comments are offered by group members.
The very first volume of our literary magazine is now available. It contains submissions from writers who participated in the group in 2020.
Willimantic Writers Group Literary Magazine Volume I
- Bring your own copies (generally, 10) to share. The library will print your copies for you if you email your poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the day before the meeting.
- Silence cell phones.
- Assess how many people are reading by 6:15 PM and divide the time evenly.
- One person volunteers to be the timer.
- Latecomers will read last if time permits (late is defined after the initial count of readers is established).
- Listen respectfully.
- Anticipate your turn and be ready.
- Distribute half of your copies to the left and half to the right.
- Before reading your poem state your name and let everyone know if they can keep a copy of your poem and what type of feedback you’d like (none, only positive, constructive criticism).
- Limit poem to one-two pages.
- At the sound of the timer/buzzer, wind up comments.
- If you make comments on someone's poem sign your name and return poem to poet.
- If you do not have a poem of your own, you can read a poem from another poet.
- Listen, respect, encourage, support, be inspired, and have fun.
Meeting Protocol PDF