We are excited to be one of just 60 libraries nationwide to have been selected to be a NASA@ My Library partner! This is an education initiative created to increase and enhance STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) learning opportunities for library patrons. As a NASA@ My Library Partner, we will hold programs that explore NASA science and technology, starting with NASA’s newest next-generation telescope being launched in December, the James Webb Space Telescope. Save the date for our first NASA@ My Library Night on the evening of December 16 and be on the lookout for more awesome NASA@ My Library programs in the months to come!
- Makerspace Mondays: Mondays at 4:00 pm (starting 12/6) for ages 5+. Do a guided project using some of our cool new Makerspace material. Each week's project will be listed below in the Special Programs section.
- Evening Storytime: Tuesdays at 6:00 pm. End your day on a bright note! Come read and sing with us.
- Morning Storytime: Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Come learn, sing, read, and play! Time for play as well as a craft afterwards.
- Chess For All: Thursdays at 6:00 pm in the Adult Department (no program 12/2 and 12/16 due to special events). Chess players of all ages are invited to come play together.
- After School Crafty Time: Fridays at 4:00 pm (starting 12/3) for ages 5+. Drop by and craft with us. Each week's craft will be listed below in the Special Programs section.
- Kids Craft: Every other Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm (December 4, 18). Join us for a drop-in arts & crafts activity.
- Makerspace Play: Every other Saturday from 11:00-1:00 pm (December 11) for ages 5+. Join us in the Makerspace to build and play with STEM toys.
- Create a Planet: Monday, November 29 at 4:00 pm for ages 7+. Create your own planet using old CDs.
- Makerspace Launch Party: Thursday, December 2 from 6:00-7:30 pm in the Adult Department. All are invited to the launch of our new Makerspace! It will have a variety of tools, supplies, and toys for building, sewing, jewelry making, electronics, art, coding and more. The Makerspace will be available to patrons young and old - and free to use! Join us on the 2nd to explore some of what it will offer.
- NASA@ My Library Night: Thursday, December 16 from 6:00-7:30 pm in the Adult Department. Join us for a night of exploring NASA science and technology! Participate in science demonstrations, create space art and crafts, and learn about the new James Webb Space Telescope slated for launch in December.
Backpacks & Picture Book Bundles
We have 18 puppet, musical instrument, and sensory toy backpacks available for checkout, along with our Sprout educational backpacks. Several of the backpacks are bilingual English/Spanish. Try one today by stopping by the library or calling/emailing for lobby pickup. List of backpacks
In a rush? Avoiding public spaces? Looking for something specific? Try one of our picture book bundles! You pick the topic, we pick the titles. Just fill out this form and we'll let you know when your bundle is ready to be picked up (lobby pickup available).
Online Resources for Kids
Find a list of even more resources for children on our All Online Resources page.
New Books for Kids