- Book Voyagers - Tales From Around the World: Thursdays at 6:00 pm, April 1-22. Join us for a four-week Book Voyagers series that promotes the joy of reading. Folk tales help us to learn more about the world around us and, at the same time, about ourselves. We'll be reading and discussing the books below, and each participant will receive a copy of each book to keep. Sponsored by the CT Humanities Council.
Register for Book Voyagers
- Tween Book Club: Wednesday, April 28 at 12:00 pm. Join us on Flex Wednesdays once a month to read and chat via Google Meet. April's book is Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins. Stop by, call, or email us to request a copy. Register for Tween Book Club
- Take & Make Craft: Every Monday we put out a children's craft or activity kit for you to take home and enjoy. Kits are located upstairs in the Youth Department, but if you'd prefer to pick them up in the lobby you can call us at 860-465-3079. Available while supplies last; one per child please.
- Online Storytime: Tuesdays at 10:00 am. Join Ms. Frances on Google Meet for stories and songs!
Register for April storytimes
- Home/School Wednesdays: Wednesdays at 1:00 pm. Meet online with your fellow homeschoolers and distance learners for fun and educational weekly sessions. First week of the month: Arts & Crafts; Second week: Writing Club; Third week: STEM Activity; Fourth week: Book Club. Come to one or come to all!
Register for April sessions
- Sunroom Storytime: Posted to Facebook and YouTube on Fridays at 9:00 am. Watch a short video of Mr. Dan reading a different picture book every week.
Picture Book Bundles & Backpacks
In a rush? Avoiding public spaces? Looking for something specific? Try one of our picture book bundles! You pick the topic, we pick the titles. Just fill out this form and we'll let you know when your bundle is ready to be picked up (lobby pickup available).
We have 18 new puppet, musical instrument, and sensory toy backpacks available for checkout, along with our Sprout educational backpacks. Each puppet backpack includes a book and multiple puppets so children and caregivers can act out the story together. Each musical instrument backpack has a book and a set of instruments. Several of the backpacks are bilingual English/Spanish. Try one today by stopping by the library or calling/emailing for lobby pickup. List of backpacks
2021 Nutmeg Book Award Voting
Vote here for your favorite 2021 Nutmeg Book Award nominees! You can vote in as many categories as you'd like as long as you have read at least one book in that category. Winners will be announced around May 15.
Elementary Grades 2-3
Intermediate Grades 4-6
Middle School Grades 7-8
High School Grades 9-12
Find a list of even more resources for children on our All Online Resources page.
New Books for Kids